During Your Stay
You may check-in as early as 3 p.m. on the date of your arrival and must check out by 10 a.m. on the day of your departure. We have a luggage storage room to hold luggage after checking out and while at appointments.
As a 24-hour facility, a Resident Services Manager is always available for you.
The NIH Clinical Center is located directly across from The Children’s Inn. While you may walk to the Clinical Center, we also provide a shuttle to assist families with getting to and from the NIH Clinical Center and the Metro (subway). The shuttle is wheelchair-accessible and available during the following times:
Monday-Friday: 7 a.m. – 11:49 p.m.
Saturday and holidays: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Grocery delivery is provided through PeaPod. Orders must be placed by 3 p.m. Sunday. To place an order, please use this grocery list request form.
The Inn, with the guidance of NIH Epidemiology, has also arranged supervised in-person trips to Giant Food on Sundays at 1 p.m.
Please review our COVID-19 guidelines.
We ask that you please keep in mind the fragile health of the children, teens and young adults staying at The Inn and inform us promptly at 301-496-5672 if you or anyone accompanying you should experience any of the following symptoms:
- Fever in the 24 hours prior to check-in
- Cold symptoms (example: runny nose, cough, sore throat)
- “Stomach flu” symptoms (example: diarrhea, vomiting)
- New rash on body
- History of an antibiotic-resistant organism (example: MRSA, VRE, etc.)
- Exposure in the three weeks prior to check-in to anyone with chickenpox, shingles, measles, tuberculosis, or any other contagious diseases that could pose a threat to others