Teen Ambassador Program 2022
The Teen Ambassador Council unites passionate middle and high school students (ages 12-18) to support The Children’s Inn’s mission. This program encourage teen leaders to engage in philanthropic efforts and begin a path to nonprofit leadership by supporting The Inn through volunteering, fundraising, and special activities.
Goals of the Program
- Train ambassadors to be stewards of social service as they gain valuable experience, leadership training and service hours.
- Increase teen participation in The Inn’s fundraising efforts.
- Cultivate community awareness and investment in The Inn.
- Build teens’ skills in decision making and problem solving.
- Educate, engage and inspire teens about the nonprofit sector both in general and as a potential career option.
- Build confidence, positive peer relationships and community outreach skills.
How the Program Works
Teen Ambassadors commit to one year of service from August to June, coinciding with the academic year.
Ambassadors are required to:
- Attend a mandatory Orientation Meeting in August and at least 4 out of the 5 regularly scheduled meetings. Meetings will be held at The Inn or virtually and will run for approximately an hour. Additional meetings may be required on an as-needed basis
- Organize, plan and implement an individual fundraiser or collection drive producing either funds or much needed items from The Inn’s Wish List.
- Complete at least one off-site service project.
- Represent The Inn as an “Official Ambassador” at various community service events or fundraisers.
- Plan and implement a service project for Martin Luther King Day of Service in January.
- Applications open in May with the interview, selection process and orientation held during June, July and August respectively.