A Mission-Driven Purpose
The Children’s Inn will fully and consistently meet the needs of children and families participating in groundbreaking research at the National Institutes of Health. We will:
- Respond to evolving family support needs for pediatric research and clinical care
- Provide a free, family-centered “place like home”
- Reduce the burden of illness through therapeutic, educational, and recreational programs
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At The Children’s Inn at NIH, our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is fundamental in fulfilling our mission of providing “a place like home” to seriously ill children, teens, young adults, and their families from across the United States and around the world. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment through our operations, recruitment, community outreach, fundraising, and other engagement initiatives. As a pioneer for change and improvement, we strive to make sure that each and every individual finds “a place like home” while at The Children’s Inn.
Our Health Equity Promise
We continually gain knowledge about and actively eliminate barriers to equitable access to pediatric clinical care at NIH, and we provide culturally competent and inclusive care to our families at the Children’s Inn.
Driven by Our Vision
As partners in NIH discovery and care, we strive for the day when no family endures the heartbreak of a seriously ill child, teen, or young adult.
Our Core Values Define Everything We Do
- Integrity: We are honest and trustworthy and take personal responsibility for our actions.
- Open Communication: We listen and encourage others to share their ideas and knowledge in a cooperative manner.
- Community: We share a passion for creating “a place like home,” where all feel a sense of belonging, safety, support, and care.
- Helping Others: We respond to the needs of others as we individually and collectively care for and work with each other.
- Respect: We honor the unique qualities of each individual, treat all with kindness, and value the strength that comes from our diversity.