Information for Your Stay
Check-In and Out
You may check-in as early as 3:00 p.m. and must check out by 10:00 a.m. on the day of your departure. If it is your first visit to The Children’s Inn, we kindly ask that you plan to arrive by 7:00 p.m. to receive an orientation tour of The Inn. The Children’s Inn is a 24-hour facility and a Resident Services Manager is always available.
We ask families to be aware of the fragile health of those who stay at The Inn. Should any of the following apply to you or anyone accompanying you to The Inn, please contact us at 301-496-5672 as soon as possible:
- Fever in the 24 hours prior to check-in
- Cold symptoms (example: runny nose, cough, sore throat)
- “Stomach flu” symptoms (example: diarrhea, vomiting)
- New rash on body
- History of an antibiotic resistant organism (example: MRSA, VRE, etc.)
- Exposure in the past three weeks, prior to check-in to anyone with chickenpox, shingles, measles, tuberculosis, or any other contagious diseases that could pose a threat to others
Getting Around Campus
The NIH Clinical Center is in walking proximity from The Children’s Inn, however we do provide a shuttle to assist families with getting to and from the NIH Clinical Center and the Metro (subway). The Shuttle is wheelchair accessible and available during the following times:
Monday-Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 11:49 p.m.
Saturday and Holidays: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
All shuttles pick-up and drop off at the NIH Clinical Center (building 10). Please note that there are NO SATURDAY SHUTTLES TO THE AIRPORT. If you are traveling on a Saturday, please contact your medical team for assistance with alternative accommodations.
Airport Shuttles Schedules:
Parking on the NIH campus is very limited. The Children’s Inn at NIH has it’s own parking lot that is free for residents, volunteers, and visitors. When you check-in you will receive a parking pass to park in our lot.