BETHESDA, Maryland (March 22, 2016) – The Children’s Inn at NIH announces its second year participating as a charity partner for the Marine Corps Marathon and MCM 10K scheduled for Sunday, October 30, 2016. Participating in either race provides an opportunity to raise the necessary funds for The Children’s Inn – a nonprofit “Place Like Home” for seriously ill children and their families who are undergoing treatment at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Running for The Inn serves as an opportunity for runners who were not selected through the public lottery registration to be included in the race while giving the gift of hope to the hundreds of courageous children and their families who visit The Inn every year.
There are two options for runner participation and each has its own registration and fundraising requirements:
Option 1: 2016 Marine Corps Marathon Race Slot
- $50 running fee paid to The Children’s Inn at NIH
- $600 fundraising requirement
- $135 registration fee + $5.06 processing fee paid directly to the Marine Corps Marathon
Option 2: 2016 MCM 10K Race Slot
- $25 running fee paid to The Children’s Inn at NIH
- $600 fundraising requirement
- $55 registration fee + $2.06 processing fee paid directly to the Marine Corps Marathon
Training & Benefits:
All Children’s Inn Marathon and 10K Runners will receive:
- Team race jersey
- Training tips/support and the opportunity to join group training run led by a certified tier 1 running coach
- Invitations to group fitness classes to cross train with the rest of the team
- Gift bags
- Invitation to visit The Children’s Inn for a pre-race pasta dinner and to see firsthand the impact your fundraising is making
- Personalized fundraising page and online tools to make fundraising easy
- Opportunity to win fundraising prizes
To register to run, visit www.childrensinn.org. All Children’s Inn Team corporate partners will receive special recognition. To learn more about how your company and employees can get involved, and to discuss specific partnership benefits, contact Julie Ofrecio at [email protected] or 301-594-1625.
ABOUT THE CHILDREN’S INN AT NIH:
The Children’s Inn at NIH is a nonprofit “Place Like Home” where families stay while their children are participating in medical research at the NIH. The Inn reduces the burden of illness through therapeutic, educational and recreational programming – all at no cost to the families. Since opening in 1990, more than 12,000 families from across the world have considered The Inn their home. As a partner in discovery and care with the NIH, The Inn strives for the day when no family endures the heartbreak of a seriously ill child.
ABOUT THE MARINE CORPS MARATHON:
The Marine Corps Marathon (MCM) is one of the most prestigious marathons in the country. Known as “The People’s Marathon,” it attracts 30,000 runners from all over the world. The 41st MCM will be held Sunday, October 30, 2016 in Washington, DC. Visit http://www.childrensinn.org/marinecorps for more information.
Julie H. Herman
Assistant Director of Communications
The Children’s Inn at NIH