Performance & Impact
How We Fulfill Our Mission
All of the programs and activities at The Children’s Inn are designed to assist families as they manage the stress of having a child with a serious illness. The Inn strives to maintain the highest level of performance and transparency while making a positive impact on every family that comes through our doors.
Fiscal Year 2019 Accomplishments (July 1, 2018-June 30, 2019)
- 1,519 families stayed at The Inn for 12,079 nights
- Offered more than 988 therapeutic, educational, and diversionary programs
- Over 2,400 volunteers, 206 regularly scheduled who worked 18,059 hours, equating to 9 employees
- Families came from all 50 states and 94 countries to help advance medical discoveries all around the world
- Children and young adults ages 0-29 participated in 524 clinical trials, representing advances in treating cancer, bone and growth disorders, mental illness, genetic conditions and other serious health issues
Read the stories of some of our families to learn more about how The Children’s Inn makes a difference every day in the lives of sick children and their families. Click here to read our annual report.
The Children’s Inn at NIH strives for transparency. Review The Inn’s financials.
The Inn meets the Better Business Bureau’s Wise Giving Alliance’s Standards for Charity Accountability and is recognized by Charity Navigator, indicating that we fulfill our mission in a fiscally responsible way. In addition, The Inn has earned the platinum participation level through the GuideStar Exchange, a testament to our commitment to data transparency.
Planning Our Future
The Children’s Inn has established three bold goals to ensure we keep pace with the rapid advancements taking place in clinical care, hospitality and technology. Guiding our actions will be our #INN2025 Strategic Plan, with the underlying core principle to do more good for families who rely on The Inn.