Thoughtful Treasures may be crafted or store-purchased and are donated to us by members of the community who want to make that special difference in a child’s day.
- 30 of the same or similar items
- Treasures should not refer to hospitals, sickness, display a “get-well soon” message or have any religious connotation.
- For children’s safety, we consider items a choking hazard if they can fit through a toilet paper roll.
- For safety reasons, we cannot accept used items, stuffed toys, Silly Putty, Play-Doh, balloons, food or candy, or bottles containing liquid.
- Mailbox dimensions: 8 inches by 8 inches
Ideas and Examples
Get inspired by looking at creative ideas and craft projects on our Pinterest page or visit Oriental Trading. Some popular treasures include: card games, goody bags, seasonal crafts and things to keep children entertained during their treatments.
You may ship Thoughtful Treasures directly to us at:
The Children’s Inn at NIH
7 West Drive
Bethesda, MD 20814-1509