Our Fundraising Policies
Thank you for choosing to support The Children’s Inn at NIH by hosting a fundraiser!
Events like company holiday parties, community runs, golf tournaments, etc., are great ways to support the children and families we serve. We also welcome you to be creative in creating your own unique fundraiser and look forward to learning more about your ideas. Here are some guidelines as you create your fundraiser:
- Please pass samples of promotional items that use The Children’s Inn at NIH’s name or logo by us for our review, including advertisements, press releases, etc.
- Please make it clear that The Children’s Inn at NIH is the beneficiary, not the sponsor, of the event.
- Clearly state what dollar amount or percentage of sales you intend to donate to The Inn.
- The Inn cannot provide mailing lists or share donor information.
- The Inn cannot guarantee participation in staffing your fundraising event, although we do try. We may also provide materials such as brochures, giveaways, etc.
- When an independent fundraising event is open to the public, we may promote the event on The Inn’s website, via email or printed invitations to our supporters. Decisions regarding promoting a fundraiser are made on a case-by-case basis.
- The Children’s Inn at NIH acknowledges donors in our annual report and by sending thank you letters, based on the preferences of the donor and if the event organizer provides contact information. (Contact information must include name, address, amount and date of gift.)
- Events must adhere to all tax laws related to goods or services provided for a donation.
- Please make checks payable to The Children’s Inn at NIH and send donations along with your name, contact information and the name of your event to:
The Children’s Inn at NIH
Attention: Peter Spring
7 West Drive
Bethesda, MD 20814-1509
Donations can also be made online or over the phone by calling us at 301-496-5672.
If you have questions about these policies or need more information to get started, please email Kristen Furlong.