Vision & Mission
As partners in discovery and care, we strive for the day when no family endures the heartbreak of a seriously ill child.
The Children’s Inn will fully and consistently meet the needs of children and families participating in groundbreaking research at the National Institutes of Health. We will:
- Respond to evolving family support needs for pediatric research and clinical care
- Provide a free, family-centered “place like home”
- Reduce the burden of illness through therapeutic, educational, and recreational programming
Our Core Values
- Integrity: We are honest and trustworthy and take personal responsibility for our actions.
- Open Communication: We listen and encourage others to share their ideas and knowledge in a cooperative manner.
- Community: We share a passion to create “a place like home,” where all feel a sense of belonging, safety, support and care.
- Helping Others: We respond to the needs of others as we individually and collectively care for and work with each other.
- Respect: We honor the unique qualities of each individual, treat others with kindness, and value the strength that comes from our diversity.