Family Meals Program
The Children’s Inn at NIH Announces a Temporary Suspension of The Inn’s Family Meals Program
March 11, 2020
The health and safety of our Children’s Inn family is always our top priority – and we know it is yours too. The Children’s Inn is closely following guidance from the NIH in relation to the expanding COVID-19 outbreak. To help keep the seriously ill children, their families and young adults we serve safe, we are taking several precautionary steps we’d like to inform you about.
Out of an abundance of caution, The Inn is making some immediate changes to our volunteer, visitor, and vendor/contractor policies. Through March 31, 2020, we will be limiting access to The Inn and ask that you read the information below closely.
Key things for you to know:
- We are temporarily suspending The Inn’s family meals program, at least through March 31, 2020;
- We recognize that you may have already begun preparations for your organization’s upcoming dinner, and we appreciate your understanding as we all work to cope with the continuously changing news of this outbreak. We will work to reschedule your upcoming meal service;
- In lieu of hosting your dinner, we hope that your organization will consider making a donation to our Feeding Families Program;
- Donations will enable The Inn to continue to provide dinners to our families as well as to sustain our breakfast, lunch and snack programs. We are committed to providing meals for our families each and every day;
- Adding catered dinners to our daily meal budget will increase our costs by nearly $700/day. We appreciate any support you can provide to help us sustain our “Feeding Families Program.”
At this time, there are no known cases of COVID-19 within The Inn’s community but, as you know from news coverage, there are numerous cancellations of events related to large gatherings in our area in response to the coronavirus. We appreciate your commitment to keeping The Children’s Inn family safe.
We will keep you updated if our plans or policies change.
Our programming staff will contact you about rescheduling your dinner. If you have questions about making a donation, please contact Anne Mandeville at [email protected] or 301-827-6069 for questions or additional information.