Performance & Impact
How We Fulfill Our Mission
All of the programs and activities at The Children’s Inn are designed to assist families as they manage the stress of having a child with a serious illness. The Inn strives to maintain the highest level of performance and transparency while making a positive impact on every family that comes through our doors.
Fiscal Year 2017 Accomplishments (July 1, 2016-June 30, 2017)
- 1,717 families stayed at The Inn
- Children participated in pediatric clinical trials in 15 of the 27 institutes at the NIH
- Offered more than 1,300 therapeutic, educational, and diversionary programs
- Over 2,400 volunteers, 222 regularly scheduled who worked 20,299 hours, equating to 9.5 employees
- Families came from all 50 states and 94 countries to help advance medical discoveries all around the world
- Received the prestigious Best Places to Work award
Read the stories of some of our families to learn more about how The Children’s Inn makes a difference every day in the lives of sick children and their families.
The Children’s Inn at NIH strives for transparency. Review The Inn’s financials.
The Inn meets the Better Business Bureau’s Wise Giving Alliance’s Standards for Charity Accountability and is recognized by Charity Navigator, indicating that we fulfill our mission in a fiscally responsible way. In addition, The Inn has earned the platinum participation level through the GuideStar Exchange, a testament to our commitment to data transparency.