The Inn needs your help securing auction items for our biggest fundraiser of the year – An Evening for Hope. The event is being held on Saturday, April 29, 2017 at The Ritz-Carlton in Tysons Corner. We know you can help by simply thinking of the following:
Is there someplace I shop, stay or visit or play on a regular basis that might be willing to donate?
- Salons/Barbers/ Nails
- Car detailing
- Golf Courses
- Fitness studios
- Body shop – dent removal
- Coaches/Instructors – fitness, golf, tennis….
Items that do the best in our auction are always vacations, behind the scenes or difficult to access tours or meetings. Who do you know?
- Anyone who is on air both TV and/or radio for a show taping and tour?
- Behind the scenes of the Kennedy Center?
- Any famous chefs?
- Insider’s tour of a museum, monument, FBI, CIA?
Who do I know that owns a…?
- Vacation home – can be for a week or a long weekend
- Jewelry/clothes store…
- Gift shop…
- Wine or gourmet shop…
- Decorating business…
- Landscaping business or florist…
- Luxury car rental for a weekend…
Does my employer or anyone I know have a business that has access to:
- Tickets for a concert/sports event
- FedEx field for Redskins tickets/box
- Ravens tickets/box
- Verizon tickets/box
- MGM tickets
- Hotel stay or airline/credit card miles
- Sports stars
Here’s a sample of an auction ask letter that you can use. Please let donors know their donations are tax deductible! Please contact Fern Stone with any questions at [email protected] or 301-451-9453.