Family Meals Program
The Children’s Inn at NIH is a caring place to be—a place to relax with other families that are undergoing serious medical treatment. After long travels, families are often tired and ready for a home-cooked meal. The Inn invites different groups and organizations to provide a large meal for all of the families. These meals allow families to relax, while alleviating the worries of transportation, grocery shopping, and the hassle of preparing a meal after a long day of traveling and appointments. This is also an opportunity for them to meet, mingle, and interact with other families, creating an environment of mutual support and caring.
Groups or organizations that provide family meals are encouraged to stay and serve the families. While we are at our busiest on Sundays, providing a family meal on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and or Thursday is also an option.
Family Meals Calendar (with available dates)
- Served from 6:00 to 7:00pm.
- Meals should include 5–6 courses plus beverages, i.e. Salad, 2 Main Course, 2 Sides, Dessert, Beverages. Please include a vegetarian entree and side.
- In your beverage options, please include a ½ gallon of milk; 2% preferred.
- Served from 11:00am to 12:00pm.
- Meals should include hot brunch food, and beverages, e.g. Eggs, Sausage, Waffles, Orange Juice, etc.
If you are a corporation and are interested in volunteering for the first time, please contact Anne Mandeville at [email protected] or 301-451-9461.
If you are a returning group, please contact [email protected] or call Ryan Whited at 301-435-7143.