Vision & Mission
As partners in discovery and care, we strive for the day when no family endures the heartbreak of a seriously ill child.
The Children’s Inn will fully and consistently meet the needs of children and families participating in groundbreaking research at the National Institutes of Health. We will:
- Respond to evolving family support needs for pediatric research and clinical care
- Provide a free, family-centered “place like home”
- Reduce the burden of illness through therapeutic, educational, and recreational programming
Our Core Values
- Integrity: We are honest and trustworthy and take personal responsibility for our actions.
- Open Communication: We listen and encourage others to share their ideas and knowledge in a cooperative manner.
- Community: We share a passion to create “a place like home,” where all feel a sense of belonging, safety, support and care.
- Helping Others: We respond to the needs of others as we individually and collectively care for and work with each other.
- Respect: We honor the unique qualities of each individual, treat others with kindness, and value the strength that comes from our diversity.
Every quarter we recognize staff, volunteers, and residents by giving “Values Awards.”